Welcome to Nuts about Squares Crochet Along 2017. In this CAL we are making 35 amazing squares designed by 11 talented designers. After joining it all together we add a textured border as the final cherry on top. In this post I summarize all relevant information and link to other parts of the CAL.
Resources and Useful Links
- Nuts About Squares on Ravelry
- Nuts About Squares Yarn information
- Nuts about Squares Yarn kits
- Nuts about Squares testers and yarn inspiration
- Nuts About Squares video tutorials (LEFT HANDED)
- Nuts About Squares video tutorials (RIGHT HANDED)
Yarn Information and kits
I have kits available for all three Nuts About Squares Colorways in my SHOP HERE. Choose between Nuts About Squares – EARTH in Scheepjes Stone Washed, Nuts About Squares – SEA in Scheepjes Colour Crafter, and Nuts About Squares – SKY in Scheepjes Sunkissed.
I have a detailed post with all the yarn information, amounts, weights and color combinations for the 3 colorways, you can find the yarn/color information HERE.
You need 2 hook sizes to make the blanket. You need the following hook sizes
3.5mm (US E/4) and 4.0mm (US G/6) hook to make the Nuts about the Earth blanket.
4.0mm (US G/6) and 4.5mm (US 7) hook to make the Nuts about the Sea blanket.
3.0mm (US D/3) and 3.5mm (US E/4) hook to make the Nuts about the Sky blanket.
Depending on which kit you have and your personal tension your blanket will be about 130cm x 180cm for the Colour Crafter blanket, 115cm x 160cm for the Stone Washed blanket, and 100cm x 140cm for the Sunkissed blanket.
There are full video tutorials available for all aspects of the blankets. These are available in English (US terms) for right handed and left handed crafters. You can find the videos with each pattern part, or in one YouTube playlist.
Nuts about Squares Pattern Parts
- Week 1 – Esme’s Winter Cottage by Dedri Uys
- Week 2 – Spiro Star by Helen Shrimpton
- Week 3 – Denna by Polly Plum
- Week 4 – Le Vesinet by Sigrun Hugoey
- Week 5 – Rachel by Melissa Green
- Week 6 – Bavarian Beauty by Heather Gibbs
- Week 7 – Fantastic by Julie Yeager
- Week 8 – Cat’s Claw my Margaret MacInnes & Tropical Delight by Susan Stevens
- Week 9 – Fall Blossom by Aurora Suominen
- Week 10 – Sweet and Fair by Julie Yeager & Moroccan Window by Heather Gibbs
- Week 11 – In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Lion by Margaret MacInnes
- Week 12 – Lise by Polly Plum
- Week 13/14 – Layout & joining squares
- Week 15 – Border by Tatiana Kupryjanchyk
- Week 16 – Bonus pattern: Mosaic Cushion
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure and copyright policy. All opinions are my own and I only link to products I use or would use. Thank you for using the links on my blog and supporting my work.
Copyright (c) 2023 It’s all in a Nutshell Creations. All rights reserved.