- Add this free pattern to your Ravelry library
- General Information & written patterns – English
- General Information & written patterns – Dutch
- English Facebook group
- Dutch Facebook group
- Yarn kits
- YouTube Playlist with all English (UK Terms) videos – right handed
- YouTube Playlist with all English (UK Terms) videos – left handed
- Dedicated video page on this blog with all English videos
- YouTube Playlist met alle Nederlandse video’s – reghtshandig
- YouTube Playlist met alle Nederlandse video’s – linkshandig
- Pagina op deze blog met alle Nederlandse video’s
The pattern for week 3 is very similar to what we did in week 2, that is a crochet fabric base decorated with surface crochet and embroidery. This means that I will not have a new video for you in the following weeks. Just follow the techniques I showed you in the video for week 2 if you feel unsure or to double check when in doubt, but use the written patterns for the new embroidery charts.
Last week I also shared my tips for making embroidery work, particularly cross stitch embroidery. Keep these tips in mind as you continue the next weeks when you grow your Hygge shawl.
Yarn and kits for Hygge CAL
If you are only just joining in, there are 5 colorway kits to choose from. You can choose between the Rainbow, Jewel, Pastel, Danish Mermaid and Girls Night In colorways. The kits contain 10 balls of Stone Washed yarn, 11 balls of Catona yarn and extra goodies to get you in the Hygge mindset. Goodies include a button, a charm, a stitch marker, a yarn needle and 2 wooden ice crystals. The kits are available from Wool Warehouse or your Scheepjes stockist.
Over the next weeks I will be a bit in the background, I will pop into the Facebook groups from time to time, but you will not hear from me with a new Hygge video till later. I will give an update on my Hygge shawl when we are further into the project, but for now, enjoy doing your embroidery and remember to be hugge!
Follow me on
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure and copyright policy. All opinions are my own and I only link to products I use or would use. Thank you for using the links on my blog and supporting my work.