We are half way with our In Bloom project, and this week we are growing our square and decorating it with a fun popcorn band. Time for part 5 of In Bloom, designed by Johanna Lindahl from Mijo Crochet in collaboration with FavoritGarner.
- Written In Bloom pattern including translations
- In Bloom video tutorials in one YouTube playlist
- Scheepjes Catona yarn
The yarn that I’m using is Scheepjes Catona yarn which is a 100% mercerized cotton, sport weight yarn. These are the colors I have selected for my In Bloom, all are Scheepjes Catona 50g balls. Here are the yarn amounts that you will need to make a complete cushion:
- Color 1 – 1 x 246 : Icy Pink
- Color 2 – 1 x 240 : Amethyst
- Color 3 – 1 x 394 : Shadow Purple
- Color 4 – 4 x 130 : Old Lace
- Color 5 – 1 x 173 : Bluebell
- Color 6 – 1 x 247 : Blue Bird
- Color 7 – 1 x 164 : Light Navy
I am following the color order as suggested by Johanna, but to make life easier for you, here is the order of my colors per round. I used a 3.5mm hook for all the linen stitch rows and a 3mm hook for the other rows. Here my colors for each round.
- Round 35 – 173 : Bluebell
- Round 36 – 173 : Bluebell
- Round 37 – 247 : Blue Bird
- Round 38 – 247 : Blue Bird
- Round 39 – 164 : Light Navy
- Round 40 – 164 : Light Navy
- Round 41 – 394 : Shadow Purple
- Round 42 – 394 : Shadow Purple
- Round 43 – 240 : Amethyst
- Round 44 – 246 : Icy Pink
- Round 45 – 240 : Amethyst
Scheepjes Catona is available from Wool Warehouse (UK/International), Love Crochet (US), Knotty House (CA) or your local Scheepjes Stockist. Thank you for supporting my work by buying your yarn through the links on my blog. ❤
In part 5 of In Bloom we are working round the square we made last week. We are making linen stitch rounds and a few rounds with popcorn stitches. For the linen stitch rounds I used a 3.5mm hook, for the other rounds I used a 3mm hook.
Next week I will release the video for part 6 of In Bloom. If you are making this pattern along with me, I would love to see your work. Feel free to share your work on my Facebook page, or tag me in one of your posts on Instagram.
Follow me on
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure and copyright policy. All opinions are my own and I only link to products I use or would use. Thank you for using the links on my blog and supporting my work.