I have had such a great time at Yarndale last weekend, and it was wonderful to meet some of you. It is always wonderful to hear that I can help you make beautiful things. And speaking of which, today we start another beautiful thing, we are starting with the half diamonds in our Ubuntu blanket. The half diamonds are my favorite part of the project, and over the next 3 weeks we will be making 6 of them.
- Add this pattern to your Ravelry library
- Written pattern and translations on Scheepjes website
- English (International) Facebook group hosting the CAL
- Dutch Facebook group hosting the CAL
- Official Social media tag: #ScheepjesUbuntuCAL
Kits are available from most Scheepjes stockists. If you buy your kit from a shop that I link to on my blog, you are supporting my work and helping me to keep making new videos. I get a small commission from the shop based on what you buy. Ubuntu kits are available from:
- Caro’s Atelier (NL/EU)
- Knotty House (CA/USA)
- Deramores (UK)
- Black Sheep Wools (UK)
- Wool Warehouse (UK/International)
- YouTube playlist with all English (UK Terms) videos – right handed
- YouTube playlist with all English (UK Terms) videos – left handed
- YouTube playlist met alle Nederlandse videos – rechtshandig
- YouTube playlist met alle Nederlandse videos – linkshandig
Video tutorials Part 4
For the half diamonds we jump right in and start with the center flower motif. You need to make 6 identical diamonds and in the video I show you how to do them step by step. As always the videos are available in English with UK terminology in right and left handed versions; as well as Dutch in, again, right and left handed versions.
You might notice that your half diamonds are uneven, and even curl a bit inward. Don’t worry about this, it will straighten itself out as the motif grows.
Did you know that in the video description there is a link to the start of each round? If you click on the time stamp given, it will take you to the start of that round in the video.
Next week we grow the half diamonds further.
Follow me on
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure and copyright policy. All opinions are my own and I only link to products I use or would use. Thank you for using the links on my blog and supporting my work.
© COPYRIGHT IT’S ALL IN A NUTSHELL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.