It’s a fun day today because we are starting a new crochet along. We are making Baby Elements; a baby blanket designed by Sandra Kuijer from Hooks and Yarn. Under Resources you find all the information you need to make your own Baby Elements.
- Add this pattern to your Ravelry library
- Written pattern in English and Dutch
- Official yarn kits from Hooks and Yarn
- Yarn Amounts for Baby Elements
- Hooks and Yarn Facebook group hosting the CAL
- Baby Elements video tutorials in one YouTube playlist
Video Tutorial Baby Elements Part 1
Part 1 of Baby Elements is similar to Elements, so if you have made the original blanket, the first part of the sequel will be familiar to you. Baby Elements has a completely different look to it because of the way we alternate between the colored and white yarn. Even though the start of Baby Elements is similar to Elements, I take you step by step through making the fist part.
Make your own Baby Elements
To make a Baby Elements, you need 4 colors of Scheepjes Cahlista, and one color of Scheepjes Soft Fun. The Cahlista is used for the details in the blanket whereas the Soft Fun is a background color. You will need the following yarn amounts and materials to make your Baby Elements:
- 5 x Scheepjes Soft Fun White (2412)
- 1 x Scheepjes Cahlista Color 1 – I used Lemonade (403)
- 2 x Scheepjes Cahlista Color 2 – I used Green Yellow (245)
- 2 x Scheepjes Cahlista Color 3 – I used Cyan (397)
- 2 x Scheepjes Cahlista Color 4 – I used Lavender (520)
- 4.5mm hook & 5.0mm hook
Next week we will continue with part 2 of Baby Elements in which we will be using colors 2 and 3 also. Hope to see you then.
Follow me on
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure and copyright policy. All opinions are my own and I only link to products I use or would use. Thank you for using the links on my blog and supporting my work.