I believe many people are doing a Baby Elements blanket; I totally understand why, it is such a lovely pattern. Baby Elements blanket is designed by Sandra Kuijer from Hooks and Yarn. Under Resources you find all the information you need to make your own Baby Elements,including the written patterns in Dutch and English.
- Add this pattern to your Ravelry library
- Written pattern in English and Dutch
- Official yarn kits from Hooks and Yarn
- Yarn Amounts for Baby Elements
- Hooks and Yarn Facebook group hosting the CAL
- Baby Elements video tutorials in one YouTube playlist
Video Tutorial Baby Elements Part 2
If you followed along with the video for part 1 of Baby Elements you will have noticed that round 12 was not part of the video, but it was part of the written pattern. This mix-up happened somewhere in the preparation of the CAL. When I received the English translation for video recording, round 12 was part of part 2 and not part 1. Therefore, the video for this week, starts with round 12.
In Part 2 we grow the center pattern further and we add color 3 in our blanket. Important in this part, go up a hook size from round 13; the reason for this is that the single crochet / chain spaces tend to pull the fabric, and if you go up a hook size it will help to prevent that.
Make your own Baby Elements
To make a Baby Elements, you need 4 colors of Scheepjes Cahlista, and one color of Scheepjes Soft Fun. The Cahlista is used for the details in the blanket whereas the Soft Fun is a background color. You will need the following yarn amounts and materials to make your Baby Elements:
- 5 x Scheepjes Soft Fun White (2412)
- 1 x Scheepjes Cahlista Color 1 – I used Lemonade (403)
- 2 x Scheepjes Cahlista Color 2 – I used Green Yellow (245)
- 2 x Scheepjes Cahlista Color 3 – I used Cyan (397)
- 2 x Scheepjes Cahlista Color 4 – I used Lavender (520)
- 4.5mm hook & 5.0mm hook
Your blanket may wobble a bit, I blocked my blanket at the end of part 3, so don’t worry about the wobble for the moment. Next week is maybe one of the more complicated weeks of Baby Elements when we start with the flowers in the corners. I hope that with the videos I will be able to help you tackle the tricky bits also. See you then.
Follow me on
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure and copyright policy. All opinions are my own and I only link to products I use or would use. Thank you for using the links on my blog and supporting my work.