Are you in a happy Christmas mood, or is Christmas a time of year that you want to get over as fast as possible? Either way, I am sure that if you are doing Baby Elements, you will be enjoying this week, because part 3 we make the first series of flowers in the corners of the blanket. The gorgeous Baby Elements blanket is designed by Sandra Kuijer from Hooks and Yarn. Under Resources you find all the information you need to make your own Baby Elements, including the written patterns in Dutch and English.
- Add this pattern to your Ravelry library
- Written pattern in English and Dutch
- Official yarn kits from Hooks and Yarn
- Yarn Amounts for Baby Elements
- Hooks and Yarn Facebook group hosting the CAL
- Baby Elements video tutorials in one YouTube playlist
Video Tutorial Baby Elements Part 3
In Part 3 we grow the center pattern further and we add the flower details. It is these flowers which give the blanket it’s fabulous look and feel. The flowers are a bit tricky, so take them slow, stitch by stitch, and I’m sure you will manage.
Make your own Baby Elements
To make a Baby Elements, you need 4 colors of Scheepjes Cahlista, and one color of Scheepjes Soft Fun. The Cahlista is used for the details in the blanket whereas the Soft Fun is a background color. You will need the following yarn amounts and materials to make your Baby Elements:
- 5 x Scheepjes Soft Fun White (2412)
- 1 x Scheepjes Cahlista Color 1 – I used Lemonade (403)
- 2 x Scheepjes Cahlista Color 2 – I used Green Yellow (245)
- 2 x Scheepjes Cahlista Color 3 – I used Cyan (397)
- 2 x Scheepjes Cahlista Color 4 – I used Lavender (520)
- 4.5mm hook & 5.0mm hook
I blocked my blanket now, after part 3. It will help to get your flowers nice and straight. Next week we will continue the process of making the square blanket into a rectangle, and we will add 2 more flowers to the sides of the blanket. See you just after Christmas.
Follow me on
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure and copyright policy. All opinions are my own and I only link to products I use or would use. Thank you for using the links on my blog and supporting my work.