I am sure you are all super excited that Dedri has grown the beautiful Charlotte into a full sized blanket; Charlotte’s Universe. I am making full video tutorials for Charlotte’s Universe using Scheepjes Stone Washed yarn. Find everything you need in this post.
- Charlotte’s Universe on Ravelry
- Charlotte’s Universe on Look at What I made Blog
- Charlotte’s Universe Playlist Video Tutorials – RIGHT HANDED (link to follow)
- Charlotte’s Universe Playlist Video Tutorials – LEFT HANDED (link to follow)
- **Charlotte’s Universe yarn kits**
- Charlotte’s Universe Facebook group
About Charlotte’s Universe
Charlotte’s Universe is the long awaited sequel to Sophie’s Universe. All good things come to those who wait, and Charlotte’s Universe is an embodiment of the proverb. Charlotte’s Universe grows from the Charlotte Square, and just like its sibling sister, it has become a masterpiece in its own right. The finished blanket is about 160cm square using Scheepjes Softfun Aquarelle yarn and a 4.0mm hook.
Yarn and Yarn Kits
There are three official colorways for the Charlotte’s Universe blanket; Vintage Charlotte, Sunshine Charlotte and Pink Charlie. You can of course make the blanket in any colorway you like, and knowing Dedri she will love to see all your color combinations! Dedri has made the original Vintage blanket using Scheepjes Softfun Aquarel (DK/Light Worsted Weight/#3).
If you would like to make your own color combination, you will need 37 balls of Scheepjes Softfun (DK/Light Worsted Weight/#3) in the following combination, where color B is the contrast color.
- 21 balls of Color A
- 10 balls of Color B
- 6 balls of Color C
You can find more tips and a coloring chart to help you find your perfect color placement on Dedri’s blog HERE.
My Charlotte’s Universe
My first Charlotte square I made using Scheepjes Secret Garden, a beautiful silk yarn. For Charlotte’s Universe I have decided to use one of my favorite blanket yarns, Scheepjes Stone Washed. The yarn is both sturdy and soft, great for blankets.
I am using 7 colors for my blanket, and at this point I am only about half way through making the blanket; the photo above shows Charlotte’s Universe up to part 7. This means I can’t give you my yarn amounts and I can’t show you my finished blanket either. When I have completed my blanket, I will update this information, but for the moment I can list my color numbers only. I am using the following colors of Scheepjes Stone Washed for my Charlotte’s Universe together with a 3.5mm hook.
- Color A – 821 Pink Quartzite
- Color B – 820 Rose Quartz
- Color C – 810 Garnet
- Color D – 818 Lilac Quartz
- Color E – 811 Deep Amethyst
- Color F – 836 Tourmaline
- Color G – 819 New Jade
I will be releasing video tutorials to help you make Charlotte’s Universe. The videos will be available in English (US Terms), and in both a left and right handed version. I will release the videos as each part of the pattern is released, with the exception of parts 2 and 3 which will follow a few days after the pattern. You can find each of the individual videos on my blog below or in a complete playlist on my YouTube channel. (I will update the links below as they are published.)
- Charlotte’s Universe Part 1 – 1 August 2021
- Charlotte’s Universe Part 2 – 3 August 2021
- Charlotte’s Universe Part 3 – 5 August 2021
- Charlotte’s Universe Part 4 – 8 August 2021
- Charlotte’s Universe Part 5 – 15 August 2021
- Charlotte’s Universe Part 6 – 21 August 2021
- Charlotte’s Universe Part 7 – 28 August 2021
- Charlotte’s Universe Part 8 – 4 September 2021
- Charlotte’s Universe Part 9 – 12 September 2021
- Charlotte’s Universe Part 10 – 19 September 2021
- Charlotte’s Universe Part 11 – 26 September 2021
- Charlotte’s Universe Part 12 – 3 October 2021
- Charlotte’s Universe Part 13 – 10 October 2021
- Charlotte’s Universe Part 14 – 17 October 2021
Please note that I will do my utmost to have the videos ready when the pattern is released, but honestly I can’t promise that I will make every deadline. I am on part 8 at the moment, which means I am slightly ahead, but we all know life just happens sometimes meaning I could fall behind. Just know that I will do my utmost to keep up with the pace.
Dedri has created a Facebook Group especially for Charlotte’s Universe. This is a good place to post your questions and show your work.
If you are using my videos or would just like to show me your work, use hashtag #itsallinanutshell on Instagram to help me find it, or share your work in my It’s all in a Nutshell Crochet Nuts group on Facebook.
Follow me on
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure and copyright policy. All opinions are my own and I only link to products I use or would use. Thank you for using the links on my blog and supporting my work.