How did it go with part 1 of Elements CAL last week? Ready for part 2 of this exciting CAL designed by Sandra from Hooks and Yarn? This week we are growing our square into a larger square, but rotated. Part 2 is really interesting and the textured stitches give a lovely effect.
- Elements CAL written patterns & General Information
- Official Hooks and Yarn yarn kits for Elements CAL
- Hooks and Yarn Facebook group for Elements CAL
- Video tutorials Elements CAL on YouTube
- Scheepjes Stonewashed yarn
Video tutorial Part 2
In the video tutorial for part 2 of Elements I take you step-by-step through the process of rotating the square and I again pay attention to the special stitches we learned last week.
Yarn & kits
- Color 1 – Moonstone (801)
- Color 2 – Lilac Quartz (818)
- Color 3 – Deep Amethyst (811)
- Color 4 – Lepidolite (830)
- Color 5 – Boulder Opal (804)
Scheepjes Stone Washed is available from Wool Warehouse (UK/International), Love Crochet (US), Knotty House (CA) or your local Scheepjes Stockist. In addition to the yarn you will also need a 4mm hook. Thank you for supporting my work by buying your yarn through the links on my blog. ❤
I have used my 5 colors in the following way for Part 2. Sometimes I follow the order of the pattern, but not always. I used the Scheepjes Stone Washed yarn in combination with a 4mm hook.
- Round 13 – Boulder Opal 804
- Round 14 – Boulder Opal 804
- Round 15 – Moonstone 801
- Round 16 – Moonstone 801
- Round 17 – Lilac Quartz 818
- Round 18 – Lilac Quartz 818
- Round 19 – Deep Amethyst 811
- Round 20 – Deep Amethyst 811
- Round 21 – Lepidolite 830
- Round 22 – Lepidolite 830
- Round 23 – Boulder Opal 804
At the end of round 23 my square is about 30cm (12in). You will notice that your work curls a lot, and therefore it’s vital that you block your work at the end of Part 2. Stretch and pull your work into a square. Taking time to properly block your work now will make your final blanket all the more beautiful. In THIS VIDEO I show you how to spray block your work.
You are welcome to join my brand new Facebook group “It’s all in a Nutshell Crochet Nuts” that I have created to give everyone that uses my videos or patterns the opportunity to share their work. Feel free to join!
Hope to see you next week for part 3 of Elements.
Follow me on
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure and copyright policy. All opinions are my own and I only link to products I use or would use. Thank you for using the links on my blog and supporting my work.