I always enjoy days like today. Today we are starting a new crochet along called “Elements” designed by Sandra from Hooks and Yarn. I hope you are just as excited about this amazing project.
- Elements CAL written patterns & General Information
- Hooks and Yarn Facebook group for Elements CAL
- Video tutorials Elements CAL on YouTube
- Scheepjes Stonewashed yarn
Video tutorial Part 1
In part 1 of Elements we learn two new stitch combinations; a granny special and a granny corner. These two stitches is what makes the Elements CAL so unique and give it the textured look. I take you step-by-step through these special stitches and show you how to make part 1.
Yarn & kits
- Color 1 – Moonstone (801)
- Color 2 – Lilac Quartz (818)
- Color 3 – Deep Amethyst (811)
- Color 4 – Lepidolite (830)
- Color 5 – Boulder Opal (804)
Scheepjes Stone Washed is available from Wool Warehouse (UK/International), Love Crochet (US), Knotty House (CA), Caro’s Atelier (NL) or your local Scheepjes Stockist. In addition to the yarn you will also need a 4mm hook. Thank you for supporting my work by buying your yarn through the links on my blog. ❤
I have used my 5 colors in the following way for Part 1. Sometimes I follow the order of the pattern, but not always. I used the Scheepjes Stone Washed yarn in combination with a 4mm hook.
- Round 1 – Moonstone 801
- Round 2 – Moonstone 801
- Round 3 – Moonstone 801
- Round 4 – Moonstone 801
- Round 5 – Lilac Quartz 818
- Round 6 – Lilac Quartz 818
- Round 7 – Deep Amethyst 811
- Round 8 – Deep Amethyst 811
- Round 9 – Lepidolite 830
- Round 10 – Lepidolite 830
- Round 11 – Lepidolite 830
- Round 12 – Boulder Opal 804
Hope to see you next week for part 2
Follow me on
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure and copyright policy. All opinions are my own and I only link to products I use or would use. Thank you for using the links on my blog and supporting my work.